Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Silent Cry

One of the things I will never forget was the silent crying Clay did while intubated.  His face was very expressive even when critically ill.  He was amazingly alert to be so physically compromised; just as he is still amazingly alert today.  For more than three months he remained intubated with numerous chest tubes necessary.  At five days old, he was rushed into surgery; more on that in a later posting.  At five days old, Clay had seven, yes 7, chest tubes in his newborn body. I was watching NY MED on television the other night and the doctor was saying that chest tube insertions are one of the most horrific medical procedures a patient endures.  Yes, my  baby had seven at one time; the silent crying shattered my heart each and every time I witnessed his cries of pain and cries for me.  It would be forever before I could cradle him in my arms in comfort and love.  God kept Clay here.  Jesus did the cradling when we could not.  Clay remembers Jesus very well; his faith and spiritual gifts cannot be comprehended.  To those who know Clay, it is clearly evident that God has done the molding and the shaping with Clay cradled safely in HIS HANDS of GRACE.  <')))>< 

 
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment