Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cradled by God's Mercy





As I reflect more on the first days and weeks that turned into months, then years of spinning upon the Potter's wheel, I thank him for cradling us in mercy, courage, and unconditional love.  What we could not do on our own, God provided.  It was not our strength, but His.  It was not our plan, but His.  It was not for us to understand; only HE could.  It wasn't the family we wanted to be, yet it was the family HE designed us to be.  Nearly three decades later, we are still spinning upon His wheel, grateful that He has kept us molded together by the plans in His Hands.  His ways are not our ways; His desires are very different from our own sometimes.  I am finally beginning to grasp that His desires are much more important than my own selfish desires.  As an innocent little girl long ago I would often converse with him during the moments leading to my eyes closing to sleepy dreams.  I asked him if I could be loved and chosen like He had chosen Mary.  Though I did not comprehend in my immature mind, my heart was sincere and His answer has been granted.  For many unknowns, He has loved me and chosen me in many similar ways to Mary.  It has taken the entire journey to realize that God was paying close attention to my little girl's deepest heart prayers.  He still knows the desires of my heart.  I know I've continually given it all to him year after year.  I am alive only because HE has cradled me in his tender arms of mercy the entire journey.  HE knows the final turn on the wheel for all of us.  I leave it all as an offering from my heart, and I place it into HIS Hands forevermore.  I'm learning the value and treasure of turning us into vessels of glory to water the souls of the thirsty He places alongside us.  <')))><

No comments:

Post a Comment