Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Under Contruction~ Shaping a Place to Share Lessons and Treasures From My Vessel Named Clay


On Sunday, May 19, 1985 in Boulder, Colorado, God orchestrated events to save my own life through the cessation of fetal movement of my third son named Clayton Alexander Falls.  This was the shattering end of my third birth experience in a four year time frame, beginning with the unexpected loss of my firstborn, Taylor Monts Falls on May 21, 1981 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was the eve of our highly anticipated move into our first real home.  Taylor, lived a short number of hours after birth, but forever left a single tiny two inch footprint before blossoming wings on May 22 to dance among moonbeams and stars.  Brandon Montgomery Falls followed nine and a half months later on March 7, 1982, spending his first month in the same NICU where his brother died.  Then after much joy, a job loss and a relocation to Boulder, CO, I was determined to have a final healthy, normal birth experience.  It wasn't to be.  This is the beginning of a story including how Clay saved my life then suffered severe consequences of a torn lung soon after his birth that shattered all our lives, hopes and dreams in the blink of an eye.  God has cradled me in Hands of Grace in a way that leaves the profound mark of the Potter upon me, our family, and those we meet.  He has shaped us into vessels of His Glory by His purposes and plans.  The journey has been long and hard.  The potter's wheel has often spun out of control and severely off balance, yet in all things, we have learned that HIS HANDS have held us the entire voyage, transforming us into the beautiful vessels He has intended for us to become.  To God be all the glory as we've learned to live our lives in the hands of His Amazing Grace.

3 comments:

  1. Clay is a very handsome and extraordinary young man.....an angel indeed. I look forward to reading the life lessons God has taught through His angel, Clay. Love and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved visiting with you at She Speaks, Annette! Love you and so blessed by your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis & Lee, She Speaks weekend was one of infinite love and grace. I am the blessed one. From this experience, I am birthing a new blog. I have so many things to learn, as we all still learn while kept upon the wheel of Life. I will forever be grateful of new found friends. Thank you for being part of merging life stories to HIS GLORY. <')))><

    ReplyDelete